Greetings NEA-Jurupa family,
I hope that you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a good start! As always, THANK YOU for your continued compassion, empathy, grace, kindness, patience, and understanding.
This year has been like no other, and although I know that being back with students is wonderful, everything being put upon our members is beyond taxing. If you find the time, please check out this article, “Teachers (and all Educators) Are Barely Hanging On. Here’s What They Need”. The Association continues to push the District to address issues brought up in the article.
Here are some highlights from this past weekend’s Virtual CTA State Council. State Council is the policy-making body for CTA and is comprised of elected delegates from chapters statewide (essentially like Rep Council, but for the state). It was a really busy weekend for those of us in attendance, full of excellent work, great meetings, and robust debate and discussion.
- TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 27th: CALSTRS My Retirement Benefits Webinar from 4:00-5:30 via Zoom. The meeting link is posted here and there is also an attached flyer above. No RSVP needed.
Meeting ID: 792 201 2025 Passcode: 908722
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,7922012025#,,,,*908722# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,7922012025#,,,,*908722# US (Houston)
If you are interested in viewing any other videos from CALSTRS, please look at their Member Benefits Page. Whether you are in your first years, mid-career, or nearing retirement, this will be very useful for you!
- Sunday, October 31st: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
- Wednesday, November 3rd: NEA-Jurupa Executive Board Meeting
- Friday, November 5th– Sunday November 7th: CTA Fall Special Education Conference- Home Edition! Registration is FREE to all CTA members. For information about FREE University Credits through CSU Chico click here. CTA will cover the cost of up to 3 University Credits (and this may help some of you move over on the salary schedule).
- Sunday, November 7th: Daylight Savings Time (don’t forget to turn those clocks back and enjoy that extra hour of sleep!!)
- Monday, November 8th: JUSD School Board Meeting at 6 pm at the Ed Center.
- Wednesday, November 10th: NEA-Jurupa Rep Council Meeting
- Thursday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day Holiday. Thank you to all of our Veterans for your service. Schools are closed.
- Monday, November 15th: Special JUSD School Board Meeting/CVRA (California Voting Rights Act) Public Hearing on redistricting for Trustee Areas.
- Monday, November 22nd– Friday, November 26th: Thanksgiving Break!!!!
- Thursday, December 9th– Sunday December 12th: CTA 2021 New Educator Weekend Home Edition! This conference is free to CTA Members. Here is the registration link. Free University Credits are also available through attendance at this conference.
- Friday, December 10th: SAVE THE DATE!!! NEA-Jurupa’s 4th Annual Paint Night from 5-7 pm. More info and registration link coming soon!!!
Only 2 ½ weeks until Veterans’ Day holiday AND now less than 4 weeks until a much need Thanksgiving Break! Best to all of you and your loved ones. Please continue to stay safe and well!
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997, Google Voice: 951-643-4076
Non-district email: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb
CTA Mission Statement: * The California Teachers Association exists to protect and promote the well-being of its members; to improve the conditions of teaching and learning; to advance the cause of free, universal, and quality public education; to ensure that the human dignity and civil rights of all children and youth are protected; and to secure a more just, equitable, and democratic society.*