Greetings NEA-Jurupa Family,
Welcome back for the 21-22 school year! I hope that you were able to engage in the 3 R’s (relaxation, rejuvenation, and rest) over your summer breaks. I have no doubt that being back to in-person learning (for most of us) will be a really rewarding experience for staff and students!
(Yes, still obsessed with Grogu Memes…)
I would like to welcome the over 70 New Hires to the District. It was a great to meet so many of them at the District Orientation this morning. There is no doubt that our amazing Certificated Staff will be there to provide them will all of the guidance and support they need as they start their journeys in JUSD.
The Association looks forward to continuing our collaborative relationship with the District and working with Dr. Trent Hansen in his new role as Superintendent. I am still in constant contact with the District (on a daily basis) to resolve any issues that may come up, especially in our “new normal”. We will be monitoring the ever-changing Health and Safety Guidelines, Mandates, and Recommendations and address changes as they come.
- Back to School Night: BTSN will be conducted virtually. Teachers are required to be on campus during that time.
- CAL/OSHA and Mandated Reporter Trainings: These are the annual trainings required by the state. Please make sure to have them completed by Friday, September 3rd.
- First two days back (non-student days): Admin and Member Planning/Prep time should be distributed evenly (1 day for each). It CAN be spread out over the two days.
- Mask Mandates: Masks are required indoors (while students are present) in accordance with CDPH. Please see the email from Daniel Brooks (sent yesterday) for more detailed information. I have attached the 21-22 MOU re: Health and Safety above for your reference.
- Site Rep Allocations: Once we have final staffing numbers for each of the sites, we will be sending out a reminder email with allocations and date to have names of reps provided to us (definitely before August 25th).
- TK-1 Chromebooks: The sites will be working on distributing Chromebooks to families in need for Virtual BTSN. Otherwise, they will remain in the classrooms.
- Tentative Agreement: There were some language changes in Hours of Duty (Article VII) including Advisory limitations, placement of 15 minutes, and staff meetings being limited to 45 minutes. It has been attached above for your reference.
- Monday, August 9th: JUSD School Board Meeting
- Wednesday, August 18th: NEA-Jurupa Executive Board Meeting (Virtual)
- Wednesday, August 25th: NEA-Jurupa Rep Council Meeting (Virtual)
Best to all of you and your loved ones! Please continue to stay safe and well 😊
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997, Google Voice: 951-643-4076
Non-district email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb