Greetings NEA-Jurupa Family,
Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a good week. Counting down the days until some much needed time off… (3 work days until a day off, then another 6 until a week off, then another 15 until 3 weeks off!) AND, we get an extra hour this weekend!! As always, THANK YOU for your continued compassion, empathy, grace, kindness, patience, and understanding.
We know that the exhaustion and frustration is real. We continue to impress upon the District the realities on the ground and ask for relief. “What can be taken off of the ever expanding/growing expectations?” Our platters are now so full and overflowing (it’s now like a plate of nachos, just continuing to pile on top). What are the district’s priorities? We all know that educators can’t educate and students can’t learn if everyone is beyond the point of exhaustion, if they’re emotionally, mentally, and physically drained. Although it sure doesn’t seem like it at times, they are listening, but it doesn’t help in the moment.
CONTRACT INFORMATION: NEA-Jurupa’s website is constantly being updated. For access to our current Collective Bargaining Agreement, MOU’s and Other Agreements, and Tentative Agreements (since 2017), please click here.
JUSD SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Monday, November 8th at 6:oo p.m. at the Ed Center. Click here for the Agenda and Virtual Link. The Meeting will include the first of three open public hearings concerning the Proposed Trustee Voting Area Plans associated with the District’s transition to a By-Trustee Area Election System.
MEMBER SATISFACTION SURVEY: NEA-Jurupa’s Executive Board would like to gather feedback about how our members are perceiving the District/Sites right now. It really helps to guide our conversations and provide input to the District on areas of concern. Here is the Member Satisfaction Survey link. There are only 11 questions and you have an option to include comments/explanations as well. The more responses we get, the more powerful our feedback to the District will be. Please respond no later than 11/18/21 and only one time. Remember, we are STRONGER TOGETHER. I’ve also attached a document that captures some of the overarching sentiments (part is from an all too true Facebook post) of how our members are feeling. It’s a long document, if you even have the energy to read it.
MESSAGE FROM CALIFORNIA CASUALTY:
“Our local California Casualty Field Marketing Manager, Charlene Rowens, is providing CTA members an easy way to check her member-only auto insurance rates and receive a $25 gift card via email simply for receiving the auto insurance rate quote. It takes 1 minute to scan and enter now. The quote will come later and will take an additional 10 minutes. Or call 1-833-989-3596 to reach a Sales Consultant.
Scan the code below or click Charlene’s personal website.
MINORITY LEADERSHIP INCENTIVE SCHOLARSHIP: There is still time to apply for this scholarship to the CTA Region IV Conference taking place April 22-24, 2022 in Costa Mesa. Priority will be given to first time attendees. To apply, click on this link. The application deadline is Friday, December 10th.
NEGOTIATIONS: The Bargaining Team will be sending out a survey next week to begin the process of developing an Initial Proposal for the 2022-23 bargaining cycle. Additionally, the Association will have an Ad Hoc Committee to specifically look at Extra Compensation (stipends).
NOVEMBER IS NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH: Native American Heritage Month is a time to celebrate rich and diverse cultures, traditions, and histories and to acknowledge the important contributions of Native people. This link is from the National Congress of American Indians. For more resources, please click on the image below.
- Today: Friday, November 5th -Sunday, November 7th: CTA Fall Special Education Conference Home Edition! There is still time to register! The keynote speaker is Dr. Temple Grandin. This is free to all CTA Members and you can earn free University Credits.
- Wednesday, November 10th: NEA-Jurupa Rep Council at 3:45 via Zoom (Tentative Agenda will sent out on Monday).
- Thursday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day (School Closed)- To all of our Veterans, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
- Monday, November 15th: Special JUSD School Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m. at the Ed Center (Second Public Hearing for Proposed Trustee Areas).
- Monday, November 22nd – Friday, November 26th: Thanksgiving Break!!!!
- Thursday, December 9th– Sunday, December 12th: CTA New Educator Weekend Home Edition! This conference has a special focus on Educators in their first few years, but there is something for everyone. Again, this is free to all CTA Members and you can earn free University Credits.
- Friday, December 10th: SAVE THE DATE for NEA-Jurupa’s 4th Annual Paint and Sip Night. This will be a Hybrid Event where members can paint in-studio at Purple Easel (next to Ontario Mills- up to 80 participants) or paint from home! Please be on the lookout for more info next week.
Wishing you all a restful weekend. Best to you and your loved ones! Please continue to stay safe and well 😊
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997, Google Voice: 951-643-4076
Non-district email: email@example.com
Follow us on FaceBook
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb
CTA Mission Statement: * The California Teachers Association exists to protect and promote the well-being of its members; to improve the conditions of teaching and learning; to advance the cause of free, universal, and quality public education; to ensure that the human dignity and civil rights of all children and youth are protected; and to secure a more just, equitable, and democratic society.*