Greetings NEA-Jurupa family,
I hope that you had a restful weekend and that your week is off to a good start. As always, THANK YOU for all that you do each and every day on behalf of your colleagues, students, and the community at-large. You are so greatly appreciated.
I just wanted to share a few pieces of information before we get too far into the week:
• The District has a COVID Dashboard on the website to keep track of case numbers/sites.
• COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2021-22 School Year can be found here. We are aware that many folks are experiencing discomfort with having to wear masks all day, however, they are mandated in TK-12 classrooms.
• Last week, I met with the District to discuss the implications of the Governor’s Vaccination/Testing Order. The District has to implement the order by October 15th. We are working on a Side Letter of Understanding to our 21/22 MOU regarding the order. More details will be coming out in the next couple days.
It’s important to note that things are changing on a constant basis. The Association and District are committed to our continued collaboration as we face these changes and will be addressing them as quickly as possible. There seems to be some frustration with the expediency of notification to staff who are deemed to have been in “close contact” with an individual who tests positive for COVID. The District has to conduct contact tracing and is working as quickly as possible to contact impacted individuals. I have also asked the District to come out with a clear and consistent message for Independent Study requirements in the event that a student tests positive. We are required by law to provide students with work.
• Wednesdays are Association Day. We encourage you to wear RED FOR ED.
• Rep Council will be meeting August 25th at 3:45 via Zoom. If you haven’t already, please remember to hold your Site Rep elections and get the names to me or Stacey Goldberg by the end of the week. We want to make sure that all elected reps receive the information they need. Allocations were sent out last week. If you still aren’t sure about the number of reps at your site, please reach out to me.
Have a great week and please continue to stay safe and well. Best to all of you and your loved ones.
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997, Google Voice: 951-643-4076
Non-district email: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb