Greetings NEA-Jurupa Family,
We made it! Three much needed weeks off are just about here. A heartfelt and huge thank you to all of you for your continued compassion, empathy, grace, kindness, patience, and understanding. Thank you for your dedication to your colleagues, students, and the community at-large during what has undoubtedly been the most challenging year ever in public education. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Who would’ve thought that when 2020 began we’d be in such a strange reality. But somehow, despite all of the challenges and chaos, we have persevered. Many of us, our families, our students, and their families, have experienced difficulties and loss that we can’t begin to comprehend. Here’s hoping for better days in 2021.
As you celebrate the holiday season, I hope that you are able to relax and rejuvenate, unplug and unwind, and that you are able to find time for yourselves to practice self-care. It’s going to look much different this year. I’m looking forward to In-N-Out for Christmas Eve dinner, pajamas, Wonder Woman 1984, and Chinese food on Christmas Day, and hopefully improving upon my loom-knitting skills (it’s totally therapeutic).
Here are a few informational pieces/resources for you:
- Reopen Schools Only When It’s Safe (CTA Action- please sign and share widely)
- Waiver for State Testing Petition (CTA Action- please sign and share widely)
- California Parent and Youth Helpline
- Free 12-Month Subscription for union members to “In These Times”
- CTA Conferences “At-Home” (free to members)
- Free University Credits for members attending CTA Conferences
When we return in January:
- Jan 11th– JUSD School Board Meeting
- Jan 13th– Executive Board
- Jan 15th– Governor’s 21-22 Budget Proposal will be released
- Jan 18th– MLK Holiday
- Jan 20th– Inauguration Day/Rep Council
Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy, Healthy, Joyous, and Safe Holiday Season and New Year! Best to all of you and please continue to stay well 😊
Merry Force Be With You!
Wendy Eccles 🙂
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb