Greetings NEA-Jurupa family,
I hope that your day/week is going well (or at least OK)! Congratulations to the DODGERS on their World Series Championship! LA sports dominating in 2020! (Now if the Rams could just win the Super Bowl )…
We’ve almost passed Jumanji Level 10 and Halloween/Time Change are still upon us… We can do this!!!
I just wanted to give you a quick couple of updates:
- Today: New Hire Virtual Meet and Greet 3:30-5 via Zoom. There is still time to register and we would love to see you there! Please use this link to register. The Zoom link for the event will be sent out to all registrants around 2:30.
- Monday, November 2nd: JUSD School Board Meeting @6:00 via Zoom/YouTube. I will send the link to the meeting and public verbal comments on Friday/Monday. It is extremely important that our Board Members hear from you either through the submission of comments or via email. Here is their contact info again for reference:
Robert Garcia (TA 1): firstname.lastname@example.org
Silvia Ortega, Board President (TA 2): email@example.com
Karen Bradford (TA 3): firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Chard (TA 4): email@example.com
Melissa Ragole (TA 5): firstname.lastname@example.org
*Reminder, there is only one regularly scheduled Board Meeting in November and one regularly scheduled Board Meeting in December (14th). The December meeting will be the annual reorganization meeting and we will have at least one new board member.*
- Tuesday, November 3rd: Election Day
- Wednesday, November 4th: Executive Board
- Tuesday, November 10th: Rep Council
- Wednesday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day (no school)
- Monday, November 23rd-Friday, November 27th: Thanksgiving Break
- Workload continues to be an issue for all of our members and it varies by site/grade level/subject/position. I can’t adequately describe to either the board or district administration what this looks like across the board other than to constantly remind them that you are overloaded. Specifics are needed in order to really address workload: what has been put on your platters that are not “priorities” AND are you having successes in collaborating or sharing the workload with your colleagues?
- IMPACT Teams were a huge issue brought forth and principals were directed by district admin to scale down and only focus on 3 MUST DO’s. If your site admin has yet to share this with you, please let me know.
- In the event of a power outage (mine was out for 17 hours the other day):
If you are working from your site, please make sure to have asynchronous activities available for your students. If you are working from your home, please reach out to your site admin and make arrangements with them. Communication is key and please remember there is only so much we can control.
- If any of you have been impacted the most recent fires, you may be eligible to receive assistance from the CTA Disaster Relief Fund. For more information, click here.
Ending on a positive note, I hope that you are all as excited for the Season Two Premiere of the Mandalorian as I am! I need more Baby Yoda in my life!
Thank you for all that you do each and every day to support your colleagues, students, and community at large. You are appreciated more than you will ever know. Please continue to extend yourselves the same empathy, grace, kindness, patience, and understanding that you extend to others.
Best to all of you and your loved ones. Please continue to stay safe and well
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997, Google Voice: 951-643-4076
Non-district email: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb