Greetings NEA-Jurupa Family,
TGIF!!! I hope this email finds you and your loved ones continuing to stay safe and well. It’s certainly been one heck of a new school year. I know that you are all doing your absolute best given the current reality and again, I just wanted to say thank you for all that you do for your colleagues, staff, students, and community at-large, in addition to all that you are doing to support your own families and loved ones. If no one has told you lately, YOU ARE AWESOME!! Don’t let anyone tell you different…
Below is a recap of what was discussed at Rep Council this past Wednesday and attached above are some of the supporting documents 😊 As always, my apologies for the long email… All email updates are available to view on our website: neaj.org. Please know that as questions/concerns come up, I am trying to address them as quickly as possible.
Elections—Barbara Tyer: Spring elections will resume electronically. All elections communications will come directly from our Elections Chair. Please direct all communications to her. Only Active Members can vote.
Bargaining—George Monge: Reopening MOU was work of summer. Bargaining team is still active and sunshined proposal from the spring is still in existence. Will consult CTA Staff for direction. Still working on Evaluation portion of MOU. More info to come.
Member Engagement/Organizing—Amber Jimenez and Maggie Beach: (Member Engagement Grant Reimbursement) NEA-Jurupa received reimbursement for $10,900. Committee will meet soon to discuss this year’s activities.
Political Action—Ramona Sanchez: (Candidate Interviews and Endorsements) PAC interviewed all declared candidates. Recommending endorsement of Joe Navarro (TA 4) and Armando Carmona (TA 2) for this year’s election. Expecting to spend about $15,000 for this election. This will include funds from our local PAC and supplemental CTA funds.
Grievance—Carolyn Snow: (Arbitration/Pending Grievances) Two grievances settled were settled in the spring for members at JMS and VB. MLMS Advisory grievance headed to arbitration.
Treasurer—Melissa Davis: Treasurer’s Report was put on file for Audit.
1. 20/21 Budget has been approved.
Vice President—Carolyn Snow
1. 20/21 Meeting Calendar (See Attached)- Meetings will continue via Zoom, change November Rep Council to Nov 10th.
2. 20/21 Standing Committees (See Attached)
3. Catastrophic Leave Bank—if already a member, deducted day for this 5 year cycle will reflect on August Paycheck. If you joined in 19-20, you will not have a day deducted as that day will be rolled over into this cycle. In order to be eligible to join, you need to have 11 banked days. Please contact your payroll specialist or Stacey Goldberg at email@example.com for enrollment confirmation. If you donated a day to a specific members, days will only be deducted if they were used.
4. Site Visits—please let me know if you are having virtual 10 minute meetings or would like to schedule virtual site visit.
5. Membership Cards/CTA Calendars—Will be included in the CA Educator magazine sent out at the end of the month.
6. Proposition 15 (Schools and Communities First)—if it passes it will bring in estimated funding of $13, 610, 561 annually to JUSD. For more information check out the CTA Campaign 2020
1. Approved 20/21 Budget (J. Hall/J. Castro) passed as presented w/o objection
2. Approved recommended School Board Candidates for Endorsement (R. Sanchez/C. Case) passed without objection
3. Approved expenditures from PAC Account for School Board races up to $15,000 (R. Sanchez/J. Hall) passed without objection
• Distance Learning Support Series-SEL Training Opportunities
JUSD Family Opportunity
A little humor for you…
And finally, in honor of Bill and Ted Day (I’m a huge nerd)…
And, have a restful weekend full of rejuvenation and relaxation…
Best to you and your loved ones.
Wendy Eccles 🙂
Office Phone: 951-681-7997
Non-district email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook