It’s Tuesday again! So here comes the Weekly Update. If I had a comedic presence, I would try to figure out how to do an SNL version. Included in the attachments are documents regarding School Safety and Educator Rights that were shared at last week’s symposium, as well as other related information. We will be working on getting these resources uploaded to the neaj.org website as well.
Please remember that Association Day and as always we encourage you to wear #RedForEd in support of NEA-Jurupa and Public Education. Please feel free to share any pictures!
Here are the upcoming events/opportunities.
- Monday, March 9th: JUSD School Board Meeting @Ed Center at 6:00.
- Wednesday, March 11th: Representative Council @NEA-Jurupa Office at 3:45.
- Wednesday, March 18th: CALSTRS Workshop @NEA-Jurupa at 3:45. More information to come.
- Saturday, March 21st: CTA San Bernardino RRC (AKA San G) Bootcamp @CTA San Bernardino from 9:00-3:00. This is a free training series. Please see attached flyer for QR code.
- Tuesday, March 24th: Ethnic Studies IE III @CSUSB from 8:00-3:00. Registration is free.https://www.csusb.edu/lead-summit/lead-2020/ethnic-studies-ie
- Saturday, April 18th: San G Social Justice and Cultural @ Mission Inn (up to 20 members will be paid for). Dolores Huerta will be the keynote speaker.
- Information about Schools and Communities First: https://www.cta.org/taxfairness. If you haven’t signed a petition to put SCF on the November Ballot, please consider doing so. You can check with your site representatives for more information.
- Questions have been asked about Prop 13 and Measure E on the March Ballot. Please click the link for clarification.
- Free (and excellent resource): yogaed.com
“Our teachers made such a difference – all my teachers and professors were very supportive and nurturing.”- Katherine Johnson (1918-2020)
Follow us on Instagram at: neajurupa.
I hope you have a great rest of the week!!! You are appreciated 😊
Wendy Eccles 🙂
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together“- African Proverb